Sunday, January 23, 2011

When You Fake a Smile

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."  -Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher, Storm Front)


Crazy busy day. Woke up at 7 and rushed around like a mad women to get to the archery shoot on time. This was my first time doing an official shoot at a place that wasn't my home club so I was a little nervous going in. Thank goodness for teammates,  I would of been so lost without them.

I ended up shooting a personal best. Out of a possible 600 points I shot a 450. (compare to my fist shoot of 413, and my second of 415) I also shot my first 30 end! Granted the caller was a little generous with that last 10 I was thrilled :)

It's funny really, on Fridays I go from a Novice agility class, where I am the youngest but most experienced handler in the class, to archery, where I am the oldest teammate but the most inexperienced.

I'm slowly starting to find balance in these two worlds. I still have oh so much to learn in both agility and archery but they've both become a big part of my life. I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment