Friday, January 7, 2011

We Are Free

As of today, I know what I want to do with my immediate future. Immediate as in these next two years of 2011-2012. All throughout high school I've come up with various plans, but this one hit me full force. Like getting hit by a train going full speed. The lightbulb went off, "Woah, That's exactly what I want to do!".

By the end of 2011, I want to have enough credits to graduate high school. ("normal" date for graduation would be May 2012) That means kicking butt with schoolwork for the rest of the winter, spring, and all through the summer.

Fall 2011 will consist of finishing up my last credits and helping out at the local animal shelter once I turn 18. So I can attend the Karen Pryor Academy during their first 2012 session.  I'd have about 6-8 months to finish the course before going to college where I'll study Psychology and Animal Science.

With a sprinkle of different behavioral and training seminars in there. All the while, working with Miss Lils and Sir Knight in various dog sports (with the main focus on agility). I'd like both dogs to have a Ch of some sort before even thinking about getting my next dog. I think it's important for a trainer to prove that they can excel in the area they're instructing and that's what I plan to do.

Of course I need to find some way to fund this brilliant plan lol. Plan, not dream. This is what I want to do. Helping people understand how to work with their canine partners, and opening their eyes to all the possibilities a simple "dog" can teach them.

Update on the Silvia Trkman seminar, the privates are only open to people who are doing workshops with a dog earlier in the week. I'll be talking to my dad tonight to see if I can go to the "Foundation for Excellence" workshopt with Knight and get on the list for a private lesson. All in all it will be cheaper than the two trials I was hoping to attend, so I don't see why he'd so no to trading in the trials for a seminar... We'll see how it goes.

4 comments:

  1. holy cow! That's awesome! Here we have to do all four years or three years and english, gov and econ we can't get out of those classes senior year.
    that's so cool! I hope you get to go to the seminar!
    and I agree, with you, it is important for a trainer to prove they can excel in what they're instructing! So true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, I still have to do all four years worth of work, I'm just going to cram it into 3 and a 1/2 years lol.

    Me too :D Dad said yes, just gotta call them tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo! I can't wait to hear how you like the KPA. I reallyreally want to go there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan- Devi went and had nothing bad to say :) It seems like a good program xD

    ReplyDelete