Friday, January 14, 2011

We Could Make It Better


Lazy morning, crazy afternoon for the HeavensGlory Paps. Fridays are usually pretty crazy, I have X-team practice (archery) from 6:00-8:00 before I rush to agility from 8:30-10:00 ending with me getting home at 11. Today I decided to switch up the crazy a bit and try the new 4:30 Novice Agility class.

At 3:40 I loaded up the van, tossed my bow into the middle seats (I had left the string and limbs on because I'm getting used to the heavier weight) and decided to put the paps in the back in their crates. Knight has always been great in his crate in the van. He'll cry for a few minutes, realize I'm actually going to keep him in there, then curl up and sleep. Lilly is a different story. She'll stop crying for a while but she does not fall asleep and just stresses herself out...

So when we got to class she didn't feel like running agility too much. After a couple tries to motivate her I realized my mistake and just let her relax and do some heeling and tricks. Knight on the other hand was really great!

He listened very well, was blazing fast, and did some beautiful rear crosses. I'm getting excited for his first try at AKC Jumpers in March :) Overall a good day, I learned the importance of not crating Lilly in the car on the way to agility, and had a lot of fun running my little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment