Saturday, December 18, 2010

Weave Poles At The Park

We went over to the park today to practice weavepoles in a different setting. Lil was only slow the first few reps, but very quickly picked up speed to her usually "bouncing" pattern. This is the fist time she's ever done weaves that fast at the park. Last time we where there to practice agility was back in.... June. Today there were minimal distractions, just non-home enviorment. Hopefully the lack of snow will hold up so we can get over there a few more times before we jump back into trialing.

I'm loving how Knight's weaves are coming along. His weaves are looking really great in the basement and not too shabby at all outside. I did make the mistake of only rewarding coming towards the van in the beginning, so I was getting killer weaves coming in, but the ones going towards the tunnel were getting a bit slower each time. Once I started rewarding towards the tunnel his speed picked up again. I occasionally forget that Knight needs a higher reinforcement rate than Lilly, pitiful I know, but it's something I'm working on and Knight is a great teacher.

Some Clips from the Park

No comments:

Post a Comment