Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Tracking Dog

Yesterday I finally picked, "Tracking Dog Theory and Methods" by Glen R. Johnson. I got this book for christmas last year, planning to read it and start tracking with Lilly once she retired from agility.

Once I started reading the book I thought, Why not start now? Lil's a total chowhound and she could use a job. A challenging job with absolutely no stress. If she really takes to it, then maybe we'll trial, but for now it will be a fun way for her to work for her food :)

Next week Jesse and her GSD pups, Riot and Echo, so we're going to do a bit of tracking together. I've done a bit of work with Lil and she loves it so far. If she continues to love it maybe Knight can give it a shot too. I'd like to have a general idea of what I'm doing before starting another dog in it haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment