Sunday, February 13, 2011

Private Lesson With Silvia Trkman

Today we went back down to Richmond for our private lesson with Silvia. She was once again amazing. She suggested I continue trialing Knight at 8", but do training more on 6" for now. Since 8" really is a lot for the little guy, so this should help give him more confidence jumping again and help him stop over collecting.

She had me do some much tighter handling with Knight and he LOVES it. Since he's so tight I hadn't put much thought into putting effort towards making him tighter... But once I started handling so he had more direct lines he was much more comfortable. It's absolutely something I'll continue to work on :)

We also have a LOT of Running Contact work to do with DK still haha. Totally leaping off the A-frame the majority of the time.

Lil was a bit unfocused, I think the mix of a new setting, plus warm weather, plus grass instead of snow, was a lot for her. She had some really really great weaves, and a beautiful running contact though. She also didn't wander too much at all which is HUGE improvement from even just a year ago. I'm going to do some Cik Cap work with her soon so she can get some tighter turns in there too.

Overall it was an amazing day. I'll sign up for a Private with Silvia again in a heartbeat.


No comments:

Post a Comment